Show Me the Money is an app for children and adults that contains fun games, activities, facts and information relating to the world of money, finance, trading and investment. It’s part of the exhibition “Show Me the Money: The Image of Finance, 1700 to the Present,” which opens at the Northern Gallery for Contemporary Art in Sunderland in June 2014 and tours to the Chawton House Library in Chawton, Hampshire, the John Hansard Gallery in Southampton and the People’s History Museum in Manchester from 2014 to 2016. The app is designed to help users see money and finance in new ways.
The app features:
• Bulls and Bears: Are you feeling bullish or bearish? Test your nerve as you try to build a fortune in this stock market investment game – but watch out for the crash!
• Design Your Own Money: Found the Bank of Me and decide how your notes should look. Choose patterns, colours, text, currency and denomination, and even add your own picture, then share with your friends.
• Dress for Success: Design one of the wild, brightly coloured jackets that pro traders wear to stand out on the trading floor. Do your best “buy! buy!” “sell! sell!” face for the camera and compete with your friends to make the most over-the-top design.
• Background information and fun facts: Find out more about the special language of finance; how money and markets have been depicted in art; why the design of bank notes is so important; and what life is like on the trading floor.
• A guide to the exhibition: View images of artworks from the Show Me the Money exhibition and discover what’s on show at the galleries.
The bank note and trading jacket design elements of the app are optimised for tablets, but you can put together designs on the move with your phone too.