Painting is one of the best ways to treat and protect furniture. Paint is available on many forms that will help in livening up the furnishings of a home or office. Paint unlike varnish doesn't bring out the grains of the wood, nor is it restricted to be used on wooden artifacts. The paint coating can vary in nature as well as depth in its use; it can also be used in combinations highlighting some aspects of the subject. Once painted over the items surface, it hides any blemish that causes a discoloration on the general object. It is also a cheap method to decorate and treat furniture.
Furniture Painting Design Idea is suitable for you if you want to have your furniture look fresher. There is a plenty of painting ideas you will find in Furniture Painting Design Idea.
Before doing furniture painting, we will present you the things you need to consider in this Furniture Painting Design Idea.
Mostly the main concern comes in the form of dirt. Particles of dust and other residues of waste such as sawdust will tarnish the surface to be painted ad might result into rough surfaces. The most common particles that are wiped of the surface to be painted include dust, grease stains, and dirt. A good scrubbing using scouring pads or sand paper in the case of wood is important to ensure the paint does stick on the surface of the furniture. After cleaning the surface should be allowed to dry out completely.
You can paint your furniture anyway you like; you can paint it in white, in strips, or even paint it with the same color as the wall. As long as you're comfortable with the color of the paint, then proceed with your painting project. Here are great wood furniture painting ideas:
1. For best wood furniture painting results, the proper temperature should be maintained in the room. If you stripped your wood furniture, make sure that you apply an acrylic primer before applying any oil-based gloss, eggshell, or any color of acrylic paint.
2. Paint your furniture in a shade that is in contrast with the wall's color. This way, you can define the furniture and the wall. You should also consider where the furniture is located. If you want, you can paint the furniture found in your bedroom with the color that suits your personal style; while the furniture found in other parts of the house can be painted in other subtle colors.
3. Some people prefer eggshell finish because the gloss finish can have a deadening effect. While you're painting, always do it in small sections. Lap marks can be avoided if you keep wet edges.
4. If you want, you can also incorporate effects like broken color into your wood furniture. It is highly recommended that paints which are oil-based are best for wood furniture.
5. To add more color to your wood furniture, you can stain it because this allows the furniture's natural grain patterns to show through.
6. After staining your furniture, you can apply varnish so that the furniture can have a tough coat. Varnishes are available in satin and high gloss finishes.
7. If you have leftover paints, combine those that have identical color in one can and then close it tightly. Keep it for later use.
Painting your wood furniture is a great idea to maintain its newness and to preserve its beautiful appearance. So if you have pieces of wood furniture at home, don't forget these cool furniture painting ideas in Furniture Painting Design Idea application.