Useful to follow stored GPS routes for walking, riding horse, bicycle, motorcycle or 4wd driving.
Easy: just listen to the directions, without taking your attention off the road.
* Low battery consumption, because it does not use the screen and makes an efficient use of GPS
* Copilot: advises you before a bend, indicating left or right and sharpness.
* Warning when you are going off track or the wrong way
* Adjustable settings
* Supported formats: tracklogs in GPX or KML files (see how to download files properly below)
* Supports English, Catalan and Spanish
When cycling or motorcycling an amplifier or a volume booster application may be needed.
* When TrailGuide gives no direction, go strait ahead (even in crossroads)
* How to get GPX or KML files? Download them in a computer and copy them to the mobile or use the Opera Mobile browser for Android. The Android stock browser and others don't download properly (files with errors or empty files) from some websites.
* If you have problems opening files, enable “Force internal File browser” in “Settings” menu
* To increase the battery duration, disable Wifi and data connection.
If you have problems or suggestions, e-mail me.
Keywords: GPS, tracklog, GPX, KML, copilot, TTS.