Next Alarm Free displays the time and day of your next alarm in the status bar (yes, actually in the status bar!).
No need to swipe down the notification drawer, no need to open your alarm app to see when your next alarm is, just glance up and see the time of your next alarm.
Instructions for use:
Once installed, open Next Alarm Free. The time of your next alarm (if you have one set) will be displayed in the status bar. That's it!
To disable showing the time in the status bar just open Next Alarm Free and uncheck the first option.
1. Next Alarm uses notifications to get the time and day into the status bar, so the two notifications in the notification drawer can't be removed if you want to use this app.
2. Next Alarm will auto-start when your phone starts.
3. On Android™ 2.2 and 2.3 the time and day are lower resolution due to limitations in those versions of Android.
This app as been tested on:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (4.2.1)
CyanogenMod Galaxy Gio (2.3.6)
Galaxy Nexus (4.2.1) (emulator)
Nexus 7 (4.1.2) (emulator)
Nexus S (2.3.3) (emulator)
1. Next Alarm will not work with some custom alarm apps. It's designed to work with the stock alarm app, and it also appears to work with Alarm Clock Plus and Alarm Clock Xtreme.
2. There is a problem with the alarm application on some phones not telling the system the time and day of the next alarm properly, this causes Next Alarm to also not function correctly. If this happens please email me with the model of the phone and the android version you are using (E.g. Samsung Galaxy Gio with Android 2.3.6).