Mapometer.com (short for mapping pedometer) is an international website providing runners, cyclists and walkers with an easy way to measure the distances of their runs, jogs, rides, walks and hikes using Google maps. It also provides training logs, altitude and elevation measuring and the ability to share routes. Used by athletes worldwide as a tool to train for marathons, half-marathons and triathlons and occasional joggers, mountain bikers and sports men and women to see how far they are going and keep fit.
The Mapometer app is designed to be used in association with a mapometer.com account (although it can be used as a stand-alone app). You can synchronize your app with your mapometer.com account to automatically have all of you training data and routes available both in the app and on the website.
With the app you can:
- Keep a list of pre-planned routes for you to follow.
- Use the GPS facilities of your phone to track new routes or training activities as you do them.
- Manually add activities for which tracking is not appropriate (like pool swims or treadmill runs)
- view your complete training history.
- view details of training sessions including: the Google map for the route; pace, speed and elevation graphs; summary statistics like distance, duration, pace, speed, ascent, descent and energy burned.
- find new places to run by searching among routes in your area that have been saved by other users.
- share new routes or activities with you friends via Facebook, twitter, Google+, email or any other shareable app on your phone.
- plan new routes on our website and then sync to have it available to follow while you train.