Easily check the status of your favorite CityBike stations right on your homescreen, all at a glance. A must-have for every real CityBiker!
This is a widget that you can place directly on your device's homescreen. Once assigned a station of the CityBike Vienna network, the widget displays that station's current amounts of available bikes and free boxes, along with its status if something's wrong (e.g., the station is out of order). Of course, you can create as many widgets as you want.
- Displays the amounts of currently available bikes and free boxes and, if not normal, the status of the assigned CityBike Vienna station
- Updates the information when you touch the widget
- Allows for custom background colors
- Optional: Automatically updates the station information according to a customizable pattern (e.g., every 30 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays and every other day at exactly 08:00 and 17:00)
Unfortunately, this app can not be installed on the sd card due to an Android limitation that prevents apps installed on external storage from providing widgets. (Since otherwise you'd have dead widgets on your homescreen every time you eject your sd card.)
- Internet: Sadly, this app is yet unable to guess each station's status reliably, so it uses the CityBike Vienna API to retrieve that information over the internet. :)
If you like this app and want to show some appreciation, feel free to buy me a beer! There's an app for that. Just look for "CityBike Vienna Widget Donate" in my other apps or use the in-app donation dialog to choose between Paypal and a shortcut to the donation app.