Webster's New World College Dictionary combines the most up-to-date information about our language and our world to present a completely revised, updated and expanded reference. Millions of users worldwide value this unique combination of features, found in no other dictionary:
• Clear, readable definitions that provide instant understanding
• More than 160,000 entries with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, and authoritative guidance on usage and style points
• Over 800 illustrations, biographical photographs and maps
• 12,000 specially identified Americanisms
• 4,700 terms from the areas of arts and sports, science and medicine, computers and the Internet, food, business, politics, and law
• Thousands of well-revised examples of current word usage
NEW! Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful new themes.
This dictionary features advanced word definitions, complimented with abundant synonym notes, full-page tables and charts, drawings and authoritative guidance on usage and style points, all well-organized in a clear and accessible defining style.
Webster's New World College Dictionary is selected by leading newspapers as their official dictionary of choice. It is a favorite of newsrooms and copy editors nationwide and it is the official dictionary of The Associated Press Stylebook.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic
‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as
‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
Voice search function
NEW! Tap to Translate entries in other apps
Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the 'Favorites' option allows you to create custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• Learn a new word every day with our ‘Word of the day’ option
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get even more with PREMIUM:
Permanently unlock the complete features list
Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Get expedited support for any app-related issues