Obec Kamenica icon

Obec Kamenica

WESTO
Free
50+ downloads

About Obec Kamenica

The first written mention of Kamenice dates back to 1270. In a deed, King Stephen V donates a royal hunting ground called Bachamezey (Pusté Pole) and Torkueley (Kamenica) to the son of Detrik of Kércs in Abovská stolica. The name Torkueley is derived from the Hungarian tor - tar = bare, ku - kő = stone, eley - pod and means "under bare rocks". The Kamenický area is characterized by the rocky Bradl zone, on which the castle later grew.

Obec Kamenica Screenshots